Corporate & Social Responsibility Policy
Established in 1805, Truefitt & Hill (Gentlemen’s Grooming) Limited owns and operates its flagship barbershop at St. James’s Street in London, which has officially been named the oldest barbershop in the world by the Guinness Book of World Records.
We provide luxury gentlemen’s grooming services from our barbershop and produce and sell a wide range of luxury gentlemen’s grooming products and accessories. Our merchandise enjoys worldwide popularity and reputation.
We are proud not only of our history, tradition and unique heritage spanning over 200 years, but also of the highest standards of our services and the exceptional quality of our products, which we have maintained over more than two centuries.
Our vision is to ensure that we are able to continue to provide the finest gentlemen’s grooming products and services to our discerning clientele for centuries to come, while striving to protect our heritage and tradition for future generations.
To achieve our vision, we recognise that we have a responsibility to ensure our business practices are conducted in ethical and responsible manner at every level within our wider business and supply chain.
We recognise that we have corporate and social responsibilities and our policy sets out how we must care for and treat the people who work for and with us. It also stipulates how we must interact with the companies we work with, protect the people who work in our supply chain, and how we should give back to the wider community. Our corporate and social responsibility policy entails the following:
- we believe in the highest standards of ethics and professionalism and we ensure that our business practices comply with UK and EU law and all regulations relating to our industry;
- we respect and comply with all applicable UK and EU employment laws;
- we ensure that all our business practices are ethical and compliant with relevant regulations;
- we ensure that all our partnerships and collaborations with other suppliers are open and transparent;
- we have impeccable business ethics and we conduct our business with integrity, openness and respect for human rights.
- we promote safety and fair dealing within the workplace and supply chain, and respect and support for our customers, employees and suppliers;
- we have a transparent pricing and returns policy;
- we strive to minimise our impact on the environment and we follow all environmental UK and EU rules and regulations;
- we follow best practices when disposing of waste and recycling and work with our suppliers to ensure we minimise our impact on the environment;
- our environmental policy provides that we:
- ensure we use natural ingredients from sustainable, appropriately certified sources;
- conserve energy in our office and warehouse, utilising energy efficient machinery and air conditioning units;
- recycle and/or reuse all relevant paper, plastic, glass and waste in our office and warehouse;
- work only with suppliers and businesses who have good environmental, sustainability and social policies;
- encourage our customers to follow sound environmental and social responsibility practices; and
- feature recycling symbols on our packing to promote and provide guidance on responsible disposal of waste and recycling.
- we strongly oppose and condemn all unethical labour practices and strive to do all we can to help abolish slavery and child labour;
- we minimise our direct impact on the environment and ensure that our suppliers have strong ethical and environmental policies in place to reduce our indirect social impact exerted through our supply chain on local communities;
- we treat our staff, clients and business colleagues with respect, understanding and fairness;
- we expect all our employees to follow our Health and Safety Policy and procedures at all times at all our premises;
- we adhere to all relevant UK and EU employment rules and regulations and expect our suppliers to do the same;
- we support diversity and inclusion as well as equal opportunity and equal pay in the workplace;
- we treat our employees, customers, suppliers and everybody we come in contact with, with politeness, respect and understanding;
- we believe strongly in giving back to the local community and have an active policy of supporting local charities;
- we support our employees with their charitable activities;
- we actively promote and support producers of British handmade products to ensure that the tradition of craftsmanship and artisanship is kept alive in the UK;
- we work with our suppliers to ensure that our business practices do not have a negative impact within our supply chain on local communities;
- we expect our major suppliers to have appropriate certifications and accreditations to ensure the highest ethical standards;
- we support our employees to develop and grow their skills as our business grows;
- we support, assist and encourage our staff to develop new skills and techniques where needed for their personal development;
- we support, assist and encourage our staff to develop their knowledge of the business and IT;
- we choose suppliers with sound ethical policies and standards so as to ensure that our business is not connected through our supply chain to any unethical or illegal employment practices; and
- we do not test our products on animals and do not work with any suppliers who do not have the same policies in place.
It is the responsibility of management and employees to implement this policy, in addition to, and in complying with, their collective and individual responsibilities.
This policy will be made available to relevant external parties on request.